“The men I’ve known in my life that I most respect have been marked in many ways, but this they have in common: strong gentleness. They are strong men. They are not cowards. They are not weaklings. They are men of conviction who are covered with gentleness, and I feel welcome in their presence.” – Ray Ortlund
Sam Allberry and Ray Ortlund address gentleness as a necessary characteristic of gospel culture.
In this episode:
- Introduction—favorite sitcoms (0:00)
- Let your gentleness be known to everyone (1:29)
- Gentle people believe that Jesus is real (3:58)
- Gentleness, sin, and politics (6:16)
- Church as a shock absorber (12:24)
- Gentleness when someone is wrong (16:31)
- It matters for pastors, too (18:47)
- It’s our superpower . . . (21:23)
- . . . and it’s not an option (22:50)
- Recommended resource: The Death of Porn by Ray Ortlund (26:32)
Explore more from TGC the topics of gentleness.